Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

FRUITEVER: The Avocado (Butter Pear)


As far as I remember the first time I met the Avocado was in a regular family dining when I was still very young. It was served as a famous homemade Avocado shake (the usual). From then on, I considered it as one my favorite fruits ever.

Honestly, Avocado is nothing without doing anything on it. You can hardly eat it by its rawness. The basics are either you blend it as milkshake, or mix it with salad.

But before I continue, have you voted for your FAVORITE FRUIT/S EVER? Vote now.



Going back, let me share you these two of my favorite Avocado shakes. If not the most accessible yet delectable Avocado shakes in the metro today: 


Big Chill’s Avocado Bliss (Regular- P50, Jumbo- P85)




Coconut Republic’s Coco Avocado Shake, Coconut and Avocado-in-one (Small- P29, Medium- P49, Large- P79) Let me double-check the price.

 

How about ice cream? Who would not love an Avocado-flavored Ice Cream?

One of my memorable moments with Avocado was when I and my friend Valen almost ate the whole half galloon Avocado Ice cream from Coconut House in Quezon City Memorial Circle.



After around 30 minutes, I felt the pain on my nape and I am suddenly having headache and dizzy. Scared and nervous, I decided to hurry to a clinic. Needless to say, we in the family have a history of high blood. Luckily, nothing’s serious just “Overcado” as in Over Avocado! Nurses just laugh it off. "Takaw ko raw kasi at hindi namigay!” LOL.

If there's an Avocado Ice Cream, for sure there's an Avocado Ice Candy. It's a local treat made of frozen shake fruits or juice. It's like a mini version of milkshake but packed in small ice bag.


Check out Avocado flavor Ice Candy in Fruitas Ice Candy. I found one in SM North Edsa Main Building. It's in the ground floor.

 

Guess what, I found one of the coolest Avocado-inspired meals. 

An Avocado Burger in McDonalds. Did you know that McDonalds in Chile have “McPollo Jr.”? An Avocado-pasted burger. The dressing is called Guacamole, a famous Avocado dip/paste for salad in Latin America. Indeed, Love for Avocado at its best!



GUACAMOLE



Here it is:





Nice noh? Looks yummy!


Some quick facts: Dubbed as the most nutritious fruits ever, Avocados are high in fat. No wonder it is also called as “Butter Pear”. But this fat is Monounsaturated Fats which is actually a good kind of fat for our body.


Trivia 101: Avocados have 60% more potassium than Bananas.

However, we cannot enjoy Avocados everyday because it is seasonal. Its peak season in the Philippines is from May to September. So, let's just wait until next year. Patience! =)



G RECOMMENDS: Warning, excessive intake of Avocado fruit might result to weird and stinky smell of your “utot” (fart), and that was personal.



Some photos courtesy of:
http://dollhousediary.com/page/8/
http://food.clickthecity.com/b/Go13145
http://ph.openrice.com/manila/restaurant/reviews.htm?shopid=661
http://my_sarisari_store.typepad.com/my_sarisari_store/street_food/
http://casadepicoblog.com/casa-de-pico-guacamole-is-an-award-winner/ 
http://meghantelpnerblog.com/2011/05/20/avocado-loving-and-broken-equipment-on-live-tv/

2 comments:

  1. blah blah bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh yawn,naptime

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.